Tuesday 7 June 2011

We make the dirt go flying with the shovels and hoes


What does this wreath mean? It means we have been officially selected for this year's Rushes Soho Shorts, and that is ace. You can see Spin Spun Span at the festival, in the Animation Competition at some point in late July. I am not sure when because they have not finalised the program. Spin Spun Span has got into a few festivals recently, including Wimbledon Short Film Festival, where it has been shortlisted for the Best Film prize. That is in June, on the 18th, how exciting!

Also in June is the Wellcome Trust's Dirt exhibition, where A Film about Poo will be showing in a special screening curated by Encounters! I just sent off the tape to them yesterday. The screening will be June 19th, the day after the Wimbledon screening, and also Father's Day. I wish I could go, but I can't afford to go back to London at the moment, having been back quite recently. I am very pleased though because I had already seen posters for the exhibition on the tube, and thought it looked good, and now we are in it! Thanks to Encounters for thinking of us for the program.

And that's not all! Spin Spun Span will also be showing in competition at Anima Mundi Animation Festival in Brazil, in July. I would also really love to go to Brazil, but that is not happening either. So many screenings, so little time (and money). Maybe next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment