Monday 20 February 2012

It's rolled out of my hands, where it stays in second place

Emily and I went to the British Animation Award public choice screening at the BFI on Friday, and it was really good. A lot of films stood out, but my favourite (and I think Emily's) was Thursday by Matthias Hoegg.



Each shot was really well composed with some lovely transitions, and even though the style was very flat and graphic, and the performance of the characters was great, especially the blackbirds. We also saw All Consuming Love (Man in a Cat), which I first heard about ages ago when I saw linetests on youtube. The film was really great, very original and funny. You can see Thursday here, and All Consuming Love's trailer here.

Whilst we were at the BFI (the storyboarding workshop went well by the way), Animated Exeter was taking place, and guess what - we won second place in the Screen Out Loud category! Coming in first was...All Consuming Love (Man in a Cat)! I am happy to come in second to a good film that I like, so that is all okay. A good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment