Tuesday 7 May 2013

I fought in a war

For the past couple of weeks I've been working with FACT and Holy Cross primary school in Liverpool to create a couple of animations as part of the Battle of the Atlantic celebrations. This May will be the anniversary, and there are plenty of commemorative events going on in Liverpool.

I was commissioned to work with a class of 8-9 year olds. We were visited by John and Jack, two veterans of the Battle, who kindly talked to the children about their experiences. Inspired by these, the children are creating two animated films, helped along by me.

Here's a sneak peek of some illustrations which will be displayed at FACT. I collaged together different children's drawings to create the pictures, one for each film.



The animations will be finished in the next week or so, so I will post again about their exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment