Tuesday 7 September 2010

Please, please, please let me get what I want

So far this autumn (it's not really "summer", is it), the Poo film has shown at a lot of festivals, which has been fantastic. However, there are still loads more festivals to come! I've updated our list of forthcoming screenings down on the right hand side, so I won't just repeat it here, but I am really pleased to be selected at all of these festivals. I really find it amazing that people still want to see our 90-second wonder.

I'm particularly excited about Walthamstow, because that is very local to our resident musical magicians, Billy, Tom and Dayo. They are all from Leyton, which is pretty much next to Walthamstow. It's nice to be recognised locally. Billy is going back down to London for the festival closing ceremony this weekend, so that will be ace.

I'm also particularly excited about Anim'est, a Romanian animation festival. They are screening The Illusionist, which I still haven't seen. I am hoping it makes it to my local Stockport cinema, because I can't make it to Romania. I thought Easyjet or someone would do cheap flights there, but they don't apparently, and so I can't do it really.

I'm also particularly extra excited about Chicago International Childrens Film Festival. They contacted us a little while ago to invite us to submit the Poo film. Chicago charge to enter, and Emily and I tend not to enter festivals which charge, mainly because we can't really afford it, and we'd rather spend our money on safer bets. We do pay for the odd festival, ones which we can definitely attend if selected, and ones we know are good - like Encounters or Canary Wharf, for example. Anyway, I mentioned Chicago's invitation to my mother, mainly cos I was pleased to be asked - it's a big festival - and my mother very kindly offered to pay our submission fee! So we entered after all. And we got in! So I am extra particularly also pleased, because this is a big one, and it was really nice of my mother to help us out. And because it is big and beautiful and Chicago, I am going to try and go!

And if I go to Chicago, I plan on doing this:


And this:


And also this:


No comments:

Post a Comment